About our blog



This blog summarizes our experiences during our 17-day study abroad trip to the Dominican Republic. Each post will briefly describe our activities of each day, with a strong emphasis on the culture and health of the Dominican people. We have also included many pictures to provide a more vivid view of our experiences. We hope you enjoy this blog we have assembled!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Introduction to the Authors

Buenos días! My name is Rose Kalala and I am going into my second semester of the nursing program at Towson University with a French minor. I am from Silver Spring, MD and I am 20 years old. When I am home I love to spend time with my family and friends and play basketball and rugby. I am very excited to be going on this study abroad trip, mostly because it will be my first time in a Spanish-speaking country. I love being immersed into a new culture and learning as much as I can about those who differ from myself.




Bienvenidos! My name is Kirstie Geier and I am approaching my last semester in the nursing program at Towson University. I am from Parkton, Maryland, but I have gone to school in Towson since pre-school. I currently work as a Nursing Assistant in the Pediatric Emergency Department at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. I have a strong passion for pediatrics, and hope to work as a nurse in this field when I graduate in May. I also love spending time with my family and friends when I am not studying or working. My hobbies include running, snowboarding, or cheering on the Ravens! I am beyond excited to begin my study aboard adventure in the Dominican Republic. I cannot wait to immerse myself into a new environment and experience a different way of life.




Hola! My name is Crystal Croom, I am a junior at Towson University studying chemistry. I am originally from Silver Spring, MD. In my spare time I enjoy the company of my family and friends. I also love reading and trying new things. I almost did not apply to study abroad, but the deciding factor was “why not now?" This study abroad was to fulfill a core requirement, but will be well worth it. I could not wait for our departure date! Everything about this trip seemed exciting; I would be learning about healthcare while immersing myself in the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment